Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ruminations (and Research) on that "Arson Fire" ...

The next event to be related in this history would naturally be the "confession" of Joseph Couture on July 26, 2013. 
I've been wanting to post the media reports of that "confession", and to comment on them and compare them with previous media reports of the Langenbrunner murder.
However, I've been waiting for months for someone in Duluth to get me copies of the original articles from the library. A couple of weeks ago I finally emailed the library website directly, and was answered within a day by a research person there. She very helpfully explained the quite simple and inexpensive procedure to get these articles copied, which I've related to a couple of people in Duluth. I'm hoping they can photograph these copies and send them to me electronically within a few days. They said they would, anyway.
In the meanwhile, I've been ruminating, on several subjects.
Very important, obviously, I eventually want to ascertain -- somehow -- if or if not Joseph and Sandra Couture ever received any news that there is a witness who says they were framed, and who wonders how they were induced to confess to something they didn't do. 
However, it is obviously impossible to hold a private conversation between a prisoner in the U.S. prison system and myself in Thailand. Anything they might say or write could be as easily "induced" as their "confessions" obviously were -- as they are certainly in a totally controlled situation.
I've got a hope back in my mind somewhere that eventually someone else will step in and help me in this matter, some way, some how. But that hasn't happened, yet, so I'm just letting that go, for the time being. 
I've been ruminating on other subjects, as well.
I've reread all of these posts several times. Sometimes I've made minor corrections in grammar, and there are probably still more small errors, if anyone wants to quibble. 
In one early post I noticed I had a date wrong: I had typed "July 7", instead of "July 17", for the date I would email Ron Taggart of the Public Defender's office with a long email "summing up" my testimony. I corrected it ... the July 17 date was directly copied from the email record, so I knew that was correct.
Then, I've also been doing more Google searches, to see if there's anything else I've missed, or perhaps been mistaken about. 
I had very clearly stated (in post 9) that what I called the "very suspicious arson fire" had very strangely not been reported in ANY media ... UNTIL the day that the Sheriff's Department stated that they had already "broken the jailhouse code" of Sandra and Joseph Couture, and arrested Sandra Couture for setting the fire. I will paste the exact words of the article reported in the Carlton County Pine Journal on August 1, 2012.
On July 6, the Carlton County sheriff’s office responded to an arson fire at the property of one of the relatives of a witness who claims Joseph Couture killed Langenbrunner. The house, a car and a truck on the property were burned with the structure being a total loss. Two dogs were reported missing and presumed dead. Details of the arson fire were consistent with details discussed beforehand between the Coutures, the complaint alleges.
On July 19, Carlton County deputies returned to the scene of the arson fire when the property owner reported that a second attempt had been made to burn items on his property. Deputies recovered the remains from several Molotov cocktails — glass bottles with accelerant and fuses in them.

Yesterday, though, I did a new Google search for "arson fire carlton county minnesota july 2012", and when I got to this search result,
 Northland's NewsCenter  News, Weather, Sports _ NBC, CBS, MyNetworkTV, and The CW for Duluth MN _ Superior WI _ Search Results.htm 
I asked that results be listed "by date", rather than "by relevance". I didn't expect to find anything regarding an "arson fire" in July -- as I hadn't found anything in my last search based on "relevance".
I was momentarily startled when I saw this entry (highlighted below, as a screen capture photo):
The above result, please notice, though, is for July 16, and not July 6, the date the "Couture arson fire" supposedly took place. And, as you can see in a screen capture photo directly below, there is no result for anything at all, on July 19, when Sandra supposedly threw the Molotov cocktails at the same address. I guess the Carlton County deputies who responded to the Molotov cocktail assault didn't think this was worth reporting?
Nevertheless, it did say there was indeed a fire, in Cloquet, in July of 2012, even though it was on the 16, instead of on the 6th, as the Couture fire was reported to have occurred, and though it was not an arson fire. 
I continued on in my search to July 6, and found absolutely nothing about any arson fire on that date, either, as below:
But, as I have caught even my own self miss-typing dates, I decided I had better click on the "More" button on the July 16 entry, and read more.  
Here is the link to the article, which also has a video which shows the home and garage. I'll cut and paste the text to the article, which is basically the same thing that is narrated in the video: 

Fire Ravages Cloquet Home


July 16, 2012 Updated Jul 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM CST Cloquet, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) -- A fire ravaged a home in Cloquet Monday afternoon.
The home and the garage are deemed a loss. The home is located on Agate Street in Cloquet.
No one was home at the time. Two dogs inside the home were rescued by an off-duty firefighter.
Cloquet, Esko, Carlton, and Wrenshall Fire Departments responded to the scene.
The fire has been deemed not suspicious at this time.

 At first, I thought maybe the reported Couture "arson" reported as on July 6 was actually this fire on July 16 -- but please notice that this fire took place in the afternoon of July 16, as reported in the video, "around dinnertime". You can see in the video, it's broad daylight. 
It would be very strange for Sandra Couture to come right out in broad daylight, throw gasoline and charcoal lighter fluid around, and light it on fire, right in view of the neighbors ... and no one would deem it as suspicious? 
Also, please notice that the two dogs in this fire were rescued, and are not "missing and presumed dead", as are the mysterious dogs which left no skeletons behind, in the "Couture arson", of July 6. 
Also, please notice that this fire occurred right in the City of Cloquet, so why would Carlton County Sheriff's deputies be called out of their jurisdiction to investigate this fire, which even the State Fire Marshall didn't view as suspicious?
Also, if you watch the video, please notice the house and garage are not by any means junky, but quite modern, and obviously worth many times more than the $8,600 that Carlton County reported as total damages from all incendiary fires (which includes arson), in 2012. (Also in post 9.)
Obviously, this is not the same fire reported in post 9, and I will repeat once more, with even more conviction than I had before: The "arson fire" to which Sandra Couture plead guilty in April 2013, is verrrry verrrry suspicious. There was NO SUCH fire reported!!!
Well, then I proceeded to continue on in my ruminating, and I found the 2012 Annual Report of the Cloquet Police Department, as a pdf file. I read through it, to see what I could find about any relevant goings-on in Cloquet, during July of 2012. I will paste this as a screenshot of page 14 of the pdf document:
Again, nothing about an arson fire in Cloquet, especially one requiring assistance from Carlton County Sheriff's deputies.
There is this brief mention on page 16 (reproduced below), which I think may be concerning the Langenbrunner case ... though this case is said to be a "14-year-old" cold case, and the Langenbrunner murder was actually 12 years old. 
Then there is also this brief mention, below, listed almost as an afterword on page 20 -- which does specifically refer to the Trina Langenbrunner case:
However, again, we get absolutely no explanation of why this fire was never ever mentioned in any media report, on or even near the day it supposedly occurred. And no explanation of why it is said (above) that Cloquet detectives were in charge, but below, (as I already quoted once, near the top of this post) it says that it was the Carlton County Sheriff who responded: On July 6, the Carlton County sheriff’s office responded to an arson fire at the property of one of the relatives of a witness who claims Joseph Couture killed Langenbrunner. The house, a car and a truck on the property were burned with the structure being a total loss. Two dogs were reported missing and presumed dead. Details of the arson fire were consistent with details discussed beforehand between the Coutures, the complaint alleges.
On July 19, Carlton County deputies returned to the scene of the arson fire when the property owner reported that a second attempt had been made to burn items on his property. Deputies recovered the remains from several Molotov cocktails — glass bottles with accelerant and fuses in them.
Tags: newscrimecourtscloquet

Whose jurisdiction was this "arson fire" REALLY in? When did this "arson fire" REALLY happen? Why wasn't it reported as an "arson fire"? How can a modern house and garage, plus vehicles, plus magical dogs, plus 6 other incendiary events have a total loss of only $8,600, as reported in official Minnesota fire statistics (below)?
How can all this be? I don't think it can!
Maybe the Sheriff can explain all of this so it makes a little better sense than it does now?
As my Great Aunt Frances Pulaski told me when she was about 100 years old, "Lloyd, we live in hope."
Please stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment