Thursday, December 18, 2014

Some DWI Arrest/Court Records

Tom Hinze was released after just a few months in NERCC, in the fall of 2003. He was allowed to leave the State of Minnesota with no probation or reporting requirements. He was also fined $50, plus a $35 "surcharge", plus $2 court costs. Tom had had (and even bragged about having had) multiple DWI offenses, open bottle charges and test refusals, several of the DWIs having been of the class "inimical to public safety".
I personally, along with other people in the area, felt that Tom had really gotten off easy -- especially since people, especially myself, were also pointing towards his probable guilt in the Trina Langenbrunner murder. It didn't quite seem right to let this guy leave the state without at least checking his DNA, first. 
Over the years I've held to my opinion that Tom was given preferential treatment, and that the Sheriff's Department was at the very least remiss in their duty to check out my allegations in the Langenbrunner case. According to Ron Taggart from the Public Defender's office (quoted in a previous post), they had DNA tested a lot of other people ... but not Tom.
Both in January, and in May through August of 2014 I tried my best to get Bob Boone of the Duluth Reader to assist me in publishing my testimony in this case. However, as I've already mentioned, all I got from him was a lot of my time wasted.  Bob Boone never gave me an answer at all, so I finally asked my brother-in-law (who was at the time writing a column for that paper) what Bob had said. My brother-in-law reported to me that Bob had said this:  He said the judicial system is completely separate from the police and he has never seen a conspiracy here between judges and police, or two separate police departments (like Carlton and Duluth).... 
About that time, I laughed out loud. And, since at the time no one would even go to the library and get me the files of newspaper articles that I needed, I decided that I would have to try to do the research myself, from here in Thailand. I found that I could look up the records online myself. 

I have to admit, I don't understand all the codes and acronyms in these arrest records. I naively thought that "GOC", for example, meant "GOOD OLD COP", (referring to the fact that Tom's father was once the Sheriff of Red Lake County in Minnesota, or perhaps "GRANT OF COURT" -- but a friend informed me that actually it stands for "General Offender Code", and he even sent me the codes, as follows: 
GENERAL OFFENSE CODES (GOC)
A ATTEMPT TO COMMIT
B ASSAULT TO COMMIT
C CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT
F FACILITATION OF
N NOT APPLICABLE

S SOLICITATION TO COMMIT
T THREAT TO COMMIT 
X AID AND ABET
Y ACCESSORY BEFORE THE FACT
Z ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT
Below, then, are screen shots of Tom Hinze's actual arrest records, posted here as jpg files. You readers can try to figure out the codes yourselves. I don't see any of the above codes as fitting in the records as well as my original notions do -- but maybe someone else can inform me.  

I'm going to paste Tom's records first, and then after a space, I will add the records of a Mr. Raymond LeDoux, whose name appeared in the News Tribune for having had multiple DWI offenses. By the way, I don't see a single "GOC" anywhere in Mr. LeDoux's record, though they are quite numerous in Mr. Hinze's.
You can compare and contrast these for yourself. I have to say, I STILL feel strongly that Tom Hinze got preferential treatment, and I STILL feel strongly that the Sheriff should have DNA tested him before convicting someone else on the basis of a "confession" -- with no DNA evidence whatsoever. 
Here is the link to the website where I found the records: http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx 
(If you don't believe me, you have to prove you're not a robot by typing in a number, then you can search the site yourself. The records are public.) 
*(These jpg files below can be enlarged by clicking on them. For the largest image, if you're using Firefox, right-click, and then click on "View Image". Other browsers may be a little different. Please notice (1) the first file on Thomas Hinze is like a "table of contents" to the rest of them, and (2) each new case starts with a bold black bar on the top of the file.)*

The above are all the case records I could find of Thomas J. Hinze. Notice that the most severe conviction is for a "gross misdemeanor", though several of these cases above were first charged as "inimical to public safety". Also, please notice that Tom never got anything for driving without a license or insurance, though he had had neither one, for years. 
Below for comparison are the Minnesota records of Raymond LeDoux, who spent a full year in jail for a felony DWI offense, and got his name on the front page of the Duluth News Tribune (something Tom has never yet accomplished!). 
Do you think Mr. LeDoux dares to drive through Minnesota without a license or insurance?


I post these with the caveat that maybe there is something I don't know about these GOC codes, and perhaps someone can tell me how they prove that Tom and Mr. LeDoux WERE treated exactly equally under the law. If so, I will stand corrected on that matter. 
However, to get back to the main point of this blog, I need to see evidence that Tom Hinze was DNA tested in the Trina Langenbrunner murder case, that his DNA did not match the DNA of the murderer, and that Joseph Couture's DNA DID match the DNA of the murderer. I don't think that should be too much to ask.
And that is the end of this post! 
Please stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment